We understand that people are concerned about COVID-19. As you know, the situation is evolving. We want you to know that The Bay School is committed to monitoring developments and responding accordingly.
Foremost for The Bay School is the health and safety of you, our community members.
For attendance at any Bay School event or class, we recommend that you review and follow CDC COVID-19 Guidance, as well as Virginia Department of Health requirements. These requirements can be found on the CDC website (www.cdc.gov) and state and local government websites (www.vdh.virginia.gov).
By attending the event or class, you acknowledge that a risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists, you voluntarily assume any and all risks related to such exposure, and you will not hold The Bay School Community Arts Center, its staff, its Board of Directors, volunteers, or suppliers liable for any illness injury or risk in connection with your attendance at the event.
STEPS WE ARE TAKING TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS
- We are frequently cleaning high touch areas.
- We prefer that gallery guests wear masks and sanitize their hands upon entering the gallery.
- Guests may not bring food or drink into the gallery.
- At this time we have no public restrooms or trash cans, except during a gallery event.
- Please respect our need to keep our office isolated from visitors.
- We have hand sanitizer everywhere. Please use it.
- While in the gallery, please only handle items that you wish to purchase or ask for assistance.
- We offer online purchases with curbside pickup or shipping.
Specifically for class participants:
How do we plan to keep everyone safe?
- We will be spacing our students safely apart and limiting our class size to accommodate current CDC guidelines for safety
- Requiring all class participants and instructors to wear masks. This is in compliance for CDC guidelines for congregate settings
- We prefer that you wear your mask when visiting the gallery, even if you are vaccinated.
- Please respect the personal space of fellow students, teachers, staff, and other visitors. Everyone has a different comfort zone right now and we want to honor that.
- Please respect our need to keep our office staff, and you, safe and wear your mask if you pass through the office area.
- Cleaning all frequently touched surfaces.
- We ask that all visitors to the Bay School monitor their personal health practices. If you have symptoms such as fever, sneezing, coughing, etc. please stay home.
- Sanitize your hands with provided hand sanitizer when you enter the building. We have hand sanitizer everywhere – please use it.
- Please enter the door to the classroom where your class is held – not through the gallery or office area.
- Please be sure to pay for your class before coming to class. We have a limited # of seats and want to discourage congregating in high traffic areas.
The Bay School is open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday, 10am - 4pm, and Thursday and Friday, 10am-5pm.
As a final precaution, we ask that all visitors to the Bay School monitor their personal health practices. If you have symptoms such as fever, sneezing, coughing, etc. you should stay home.
We hope you use this time to contemplate and create! We will be active on social media with interactive posts and would love to hear from you. Our gallery exhibitions are viewable online. While you are browsing our website, take a moment to check out our outreach programs.
We are thinking of you and hope that we will see you soon!.