We understand that people are concerned about COVID-19. As you know, the situation is evolving. We want you to know that The Bay School is committed to monitoring developments and responding accordingly.
Foremost for The Bay School is the health and safety of you, our community members.
STEPS WE ARE TAKING TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS
- We wipe down all doorknobs, faucets, toilet flushes, light switches, door handles to appliances and cupboards, iPad and laptop, and sales counter front and top, with disinfecting spray.
- We may limit the number of guests in the gallery to allow for social distancing of at least 6 feet from other guest and staff.
- Gallery guests must wear masks and sanitize their hands upon entering the gallery.
- Guests may not bring food or drink into the gallery.
- At this time we have no public restrooms or trash cans.
- Please respect our need to keep our office isolated from visitors.
- If you wish to speak to a staff member and don't want to come through the gallery, please call from outside and we will come to you.
- For gallery sales, credit cards are preferred, but cash and check will be accepted.
- We have hand sanitizer everywhere. Please use it. If you need to use one of our pens, please use the sanitizer before and after use.
- While in the gallery, please only handle items that you wish to purchase or ask for assistance.
- We offer online purchases with curbside pickup or shipping.
Specifically for class participants:
How do we plan to keep everyone safe?
- We will be spacing our students safely apart and limiting our class size to accommodate new CDC guidelines for safety, with 6 feet between students.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet from other guests and staff.
- Cleaning all frequently touched surfaces and any shared materials before and after class.
- We ask that all visitors to the Bay School monitor their personal health practices. If you have symptoms such as fever, sneezing, coughing, etc. please stay home.
- Requiring all class participants and instructors to wear masks.
- Sanitize your hands with provided hand sanitizer when you enter the building. We have hand sanitizer everywhere – please use it.
- No guests to wait in the building for participants during class.
- Please enter the door to the classroom where your class is held – not through the gallery or office area.
- Please respect our need to keep our office area isolated from visitors. This is our employee only zone where we don’t have to wear masks.
- Each classroom will have a designated restroom. If your class is to use the office restroom, please exit the exterior classroom door and enter the office exterior door so as to not walk through staff work space.
- Please be sure to pay for your class before coming to class. We have a limited # of seats.
The Bay School is open Monday - Saturday, 10am - 4pm.
As a final precaution, we ask that all visitors to the Bay School monitor their personal health practices. If you have symptoms such as fever, sneezing, coughing, etc. you should stay home.
We hope you use this time to contemplate and create! We will be active on social media with interactive posts and would love to hear from you. Our gallery exhibitions are viewable online. While you are browsing our website, take a moment to check out our outreach programs.
We are thinking of you and hope that we will see you soon!.